11 August 2009

Stop! GrammarTime!

My husband sent me this link today called "10 Easy Secrets of Good Grammar" (which I think should be entitled "Ten Easy...," but let's not quibble). Some of you might find it a bit loosey-goosey for your tastes (she says at the outset you can split an infinitive), but it's a conversational, laid-back approach to some common grammar issues students might find less daunting. Thought it might be something you'd want to post to your webliographies if you don't find anything in here too disagreeable.

2 comments:

Lynda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynda said...

Thanks for the link. My only issue was with #6--sub/verb agreement. I do not agree that saying "Someone . . . their" is okay. But other than that, I have no problems with the article. Dr. Sue Webb, author/editor of the Harbrace Handbook, once told me it was okay to end a sentence with a preposition--so I feel that is an okay source go with. :)

On another note: It would be nice if blogs--so in tune with composing and writing--would create an edit option in order to revise posted posts.