30 November 2009

Resource for Teaching Literature

I know that most of us teach composition most of the time, but if you're thinking about teaching Literature any time soon, you might consider creating a University Reader. I used one this semester for my Major American Writers course, and I'll be using their services again in the spring. It just couldn't be easier.

University Readers (UR) is a course-readers creation, printing, and publishing service. You simply select your readings, send them to UR, and direct students to the easy-to-order site. UR takes care of all copyright issues, allows you to proof all versions, and you can even design awesome covers for your reader using their (again) easy-to-use site. If you don't want to upload digital versions of your texts, UR will send you a FedEx label and you can ship hard copies of your texts free of charge. And the best part: while students are waiting for their URs in the mail, they can access the first 20% of the texts free online as .PDF files.

I swear I don't work for this company. I have just had an excellent experience and thought I would pass along the fun and frivolity. I should admit, though, that I did not discover UR on my own. Megan Griffin and Dr. Gaul both suggested the service, so I'm publicly passing on the good advice. If you have any questions or would like some more information, feel free to email me. And you can always check out the UR website: http://www.universityreaders.com/.

Happy end of the semester!!

No comments: