24 January 2010

Prezi

I have discovered a wonderful online tool to replace the snooze-inducing powerpoint: Prezi. It's awesome. After a small learning curve, I managed to make a pretty snazzy presentation on rhetorical analysis, based on the EA text. There is essentially an unlimited screen area, and you can drag and drop and move about objects and whatnot. This is my first stab at a Prezi, and I know I will be working with this tool a lot more for class. There are some wonderful tutorials on the website to help you get started - I am truly a geek, because this is how I spent my Saturday night.

2 comments:

Lynda said...

Cool beans. Did you make that Rhetorical Situation presentation with this tool?

Scot said...

Isn't it cool? One of my students did part of a writing project on Prezi. He said it's a pretty hip web gadget over at Neeley. He explained that he would use Prezi kinda the same as PPT. I'm not sure if that's really maximizing what this format can do, but there it is:

http://prezi.com/4an6fuz9lwaa/